This is your NewtonHome page. You may edit this page however you like, but
you can not delete it. This page will be loaded each time Newton is started.
Newton is a serverless wiki applet for the GNOME2 Desktop Environment. It
is meant to be easy to use, with little or no setup.
Please remember that Newton is in its early stages of development. Bugs and feature requests should be sent to the newton-users mailing list.
To add pages, add links to an existing page, then click on those links. Alternatively, click the New button.
Features Included with this Version
- Edit and view attractive wiki pages.
- Simple editing with an edit toolbar and easy to use dialogs.
- Rendering power of the Gecko (used in Firefox embedded in the viewing window.
- Embed links to media files (text, mp3, pdf, etc) and have them open in your default viewer when clicked.
- Email links open in your default email client and Internet links open in your default browser.
- A simple, and mostly complete wiki syntax for formatting text.
- Bold, underlined, italic,
- Embed links (URLs) into your documents.
- Embed remote or local images into your documents with variable size and position.
- Code blocks.
- Ordered and unordered lists.
- Other small things like horizontal rules etc...
- A wiki engine to translate wiki text to XHTML.
- GNOME2 applet for quick access to all of your favourite wiki documents.
- Tree view pane for easy navigation between wiki pages.
- Preferences dialog and actions
- Ability to ignore CamelCase links
- Switch between wiki styles (apparently some people don't like brown)
- Two available styles; blue and brown (using Cascading Stylesheets)